Sign in to follow this  
jgraffaz

first bull, late seasson!

I checked out your suggestion and found the heard with a good bull in it and he wasn't broken...It killed me trying to deciding to chase him or get into the wilderness on horses and see what we can do. After a lot of thought and scouting I chose the wilderness and pulled him out...thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

He is yours now , so you chose and succeeded. Im glad I could help. Just need to read the story when you have time.

The story started when I drew my first elk tag. I could not get my mind off of it, I started scouting in June just learning the unit. I made it up there almost a dozen times just learning the landscape and locating animals. Last Saturday (6 days before opening day) I found this bull, I have seen better bulls and told my self I would hold out for a 315+ I saw him again on Thursday and told my self I wouldn't shoot him. Opening mourning I glasses him up...I just continued to glass. After seeingseeing a very good bull out of reach with no way to get to him 3 rags 7 cows and a spike I just couldnt keep my tag in my pocket I put the dope on my scope and double lunged him twice at 380 yards that was the easy part with 11 hours of work ahead we rock climbed down the steep a$$ mountain and spent all day getin him out of the Az back country... Hellof an expirence!

Well, the meat isn't broke!!! Great job!