Sign in to follow this  
creed

2015 archery deer tags

So I stopped in at Wal Mart today to pick up a 2015 archery tag. The guy working the counter told me that there would be no archery deer tags sold until January. Didn't we go through this same thing last year? Just wondering if it is Wal Mart or if there is some truth to it. Anyone else have problems getting a 15 tag?

• Like 1

Go on line. You got the whole month

I wasn't aware you could buy tags online. I knew about licenses but not tags. Is that something new? I had to drive up there last year and get it since I was hunting the first of the year.

I just called G&F, they have the 2015s now at the office. They said other retailers like Walmart should have them too, but I checked last night and they didn't. Who knows If they will have them before the 1st. So going to the office sounds like the best bet.

They changed the license structure so you should be able to get a license online. It doesn't become valid on Jan 1, they're now valid from the date you buy it for one whole year. So 2015 tag in person, and then buy the license online and it'll be good from today until Dec 1 next year.

• Like 1

They changed the license structure so you should be able to get a license online. It doesn't become valid on Jan 1, they're now valid from the date you buy it for one whole year. So 2015 tag in person, and then buy the license online and it'll be good from today until Dec 1 next year.

Will the license be processed and mailed before it's too late?

Will the license be processed and mailed before it's too late?

If you buy online, you just print it out at home. When you do, print like 5 copies that way if you ever lose one you have backups!

• Like 1

Game and fish sent out new license and tags about a month ago with a note saying you cannot sell the new license until Jan 1 but you can start selling the 2015 tags.

Game and fish sent out new license and tags about a month ago with a note saying you cannot sell the new license until Jan 1 but you can start selling the 2015 tags.

Do you know the reasoning behind this?