Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Bears in 33

Greetings,

I have not e-scouted in a long time, but since there are so few bear tags in unit 33 I doubt anybody will be giving up a honey hole (no pun intended). I have only seen one bear in the wild. I am looking for a little help. A friend has a archery bear tag in 33 that runs for a while. Can anybody offer any advice?

Redman

I would start on top by the fire station, I have a bear hunt that starts Friday in 34a.

There are bear signs off the road up there so I can only assume there are bears :rolleyes:

I'm not to sure how many bears are left in unit 33. With all the bear problems they have had a summerhaven I think they have taken most bears off of mount Lemon. I've herd there are still some up there in remote canyons so maybe you could give that a try. This past weekend I was over on the east side of the Rincons and saw what I'm pretty sure was bear scat. It was down pretty low and also pretty old. Sorry I coundn't be more help. I saw that your from Tucson, Redman. I bet it nice to get a chance to hunt bears not to far from home. Good Luck.

Glassed one up in the pears east of colossal cave about 5 years ago.

A buddy of mine scared one off of his December coues gutpile out in happy valley.

They used to frequent the grease trap outside the dining hall of the boy scout camp up top.

I wonder how many they "removed" after the girl was mauled a while back.

Sounds like a tough hunt, I hope you find one.

a couple years ago while scouting deer I glassed one up on the far northern end of the catalinas - south of Oracle. Chris.