Sign in to follow this  
olmos1010

Fur handling

So I'm a first year trapper and I've put up a few critters so far this season. I really want to make sure I'm putting this fur up/handling it properly though. My question is if there are any seasoned fur handlers/trappers that might be willing to take a look at my fur and tell me what they think or what I could do different. I'm in East Mesa and would be willing to drive a little ways to meet someone. Thanks.

I live in Mesa. Closer to the west side but I would be willing to meet up and check them out for you. I'm no professional like hyperwrx claims to be but I get my fair share of stuff every year. I learned most of the fur handling part by helping buyers at some fur sales and they showed me everything they look for. Message me your number and we will figure someplace to meet.

• Like 1

What's your take so far olmos? Caught any keeper cats?

Advice I charge nothing. I'm happy to get guys going in the right direction fur handling-wise. A $300 bobcat can become a $150 bobcat with just a few simple mistakes.

What's your take so far olmos? Caught any keeper cats?

Not much so far, I've caught 4 cats so far but only kept 1 and a couple fox. All 8 of my traps are in my garage right now though. Need to spend a little more quality time at home. I plan to hit it hard after the first. Its tough with a full time job and a family. Got to balance everything but keep my priorities in line. How bout you Presmyk, you putting some good fur in the shed this year? I know you started off pretty good.

Nice did you catch a bigger one in the area caught the three young ones? ya I hear you all mine are pulled until I'm done with the 6 day work weeks and have time to go run them. I have 5 cats (3 trapped 2 called) have to run to g&f for export tags (have eye on ar for calling gun) but plan to start hitting it good again end this month.

• Like 1

Do you tube badgers or do them like a beaver?

Tube them but its not like pulling a hide off a bobcat or orther animal. You have to cut it all off bit by bit. Doesn't peel well and fleshing it is tough.

Hyper how big of a difference does it make in prices between selling in beginning of season and end season