Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Pheasant hunt

It's been 10 years since my old man has hunted game bird ( usually quail). So I took him to this preserve pheasant outfitter and shot some birds! It was fun I never used dogs before only use to walking around for quail. It was easy walking for my dad. It was fun to see him get excited to go on this hunt. He called me 3 times talking about his ammo he bought, the vest he ordered, when he got his new vest. He was acting like a little kid. It was fun to see that side again.post-12761-0-90684800-1417929919_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

attachicon.gifpheasant.jpg

I was getting a stiff neck :D

How did you do that??????

Very cool! Was that in Az?

Yes there are 2 outfitters here in the Phx valley area. Well more south! There is 1 in Coolidge and this 1 was in Maricopa. You can google it and find them. Great way to train your dog without them getting stuck with thorns. Of course this wasn't no North Dakota hunt but it was still fun. They also have chulkers. He said most people like the chulkers because they are lot quicker then pheasant, and apparently they taste better.

Glad to see you getting your dad out there on some pheasants. Were you hunting with Kevin McKenney? If so I have been using Kevin for years. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Glad to see you getting your dad out there on some pheasants. Were you hunting with Kevin McKenney? If so I have been using Kevin for years. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Yes it was Kevin. On his website there are pictures of a guy with the cousewhitetail.com sticker on his truck. Would that be you??