Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Unit 21 coyote ??

I was thinking about hunting off the I-17 in 21 through Agru Fria, Bloodly Basin rd, and Dugas. The country out there looks awesome, but I don't want to drive an 1-1/2 hour drive this Christmas Eve morning for a dead area. If the place is like any other place I won't bother with it I can drive 30 mins to a few places that usually will produce a yote. Is the place decent? It looks awesome out there! Or is this a all day hunt area?

I took one at 1327 yards in January in 21. I have seen plenty out there. But lots of hunting pressure late December and January.

I took one at 1327 yards in January in 21. I have seen plenty out there. But lots of hunting pressure late December and January.

Wow that's a far shot! Lance what did you shoot with?

.250 Ackley Improved and 100gr. Sierra Match Kings. First shot was about 12" left due to wind. Second was a hit and a spinning coyote. He went all of 20 yards.

• Like 1

You live in Gilbert. No need to go so far North. The area between Phoenix and Tucson is loaded with coyotes, bobcats, and foxes. Take the I-10 South and stop at all the small forming towns along the route. Hunt the outskirts of town where the agricultural fields meet the desert. Take the 79 South and hit the hills to the East and West for fox. Oro Valley is teaming with coyotes. There are more bobcats in the Tucson area that just about anywhere.

Bloody Basin Rd gets hammered.

You live in Gilbert. No need to go so far North. The area between Phoenix and Tucson is loaded with coyotes, bobcats, and foxes. Take the I-10 South and stop at all the small forming towns along the route. Hunt the outskirts of town where the agricultural fields meet the desert. Take the 79 South and hit the hills to the East and West for fox. Oro Valley is teaming with coyotes. There are more bobcats in the Tucson area that just about anywhere.

Bloody Basin Rd gets hammered.

I know these are all good areas. I usually go south of Florence in 37b. I guess I just want more of that open plains grass land experience!! Country looks awesome but the end result is getting a dog on the ground.