Hope this helps...

General Rules pg. 10: "It is unlawful to possess the head, horns or antlers of all big game species found in the field (except for obviously shed antlers) without a reciept from the Department of Game and Fish."

--Bill

Sweet man! Thx guys!

I put in for 23 for deer, for the first time this year. "the circus of unit 23", that the original poster referred to, does that refer to the Burros or all of 23? I'm asking for the third time because I was shocked at all the slob hunting there during the javelina hunt and am hoping that doesn't carry over to the January deer season.

Sorry Auntie J but they're refering to the unit 23 hunt. I've hunted there several times and some places can be crazy. Get away from the roads if you want some peace and quiet. I've never hunted the Burro's so I can't speak for those hunts, but there are a lot fewer tags in there so I'd imagine it's not quite as bad.

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

I had good success in 23 last year and the best part was that I only crossed paths with others while driving in and out. Just find a big canyon to cross, or a steep mountain to climb and you'll be find. Scouting was critical to locate these types of spots that hold coues. I like the northern portion, tuff to find coues, but you won't have to worry about others pushing them. I hunted a big deer last year and from the time I found him, four weeks prior to the hunt, through the entire hunt he never went more than 1/2 mile from the thick cover he hid in plus I never seen another soul in there. Just found some new country recently that has unbelievable coues sign. The only problem is you can only see the next bush in front of you.

Right on, thanks for the answers. I appreciate it. I love to walk when hunting so maybe I'll have a little luck getting away from people if I draw.

On a side note, I hunted javelina with a friend in the mnts behind the Dairy Queen in Gage NM of I-10. I was real surprised by what appeared to be alot of illegal alien travel. I shouldn't be considering the location, I just didn't think they'd pick a spot so close to so many people with that mine or quarry or whatever it is and the truck stops.