CouesPursuit

Archery Coues in the Snow

if I was in your shoes I know I would hike around a bit in that fresh snow and try to find some fresh sign and start from there. wish I was going up this weekend but best of luck to you!

Thank you! Just found an old homestead orchard I am gonna check out up there. Should put me on some apples and pears while the snow is coming down.

Of course, it snowed tons up that way and I am betting there is even more by Friday. Prepping the equipment... Gonna need it. :)

Hate to break it to you, but apples and pears will be looong gone this time of year

• Like 1

I was bow hunting in 33 near the old prison camp years ago. It was snowing and the ground was covered. As I climbed a hill the clouds rolled down and I was in the fog. I decided to follow my tracks back to the truck. I discovered that a mountain lion had followed me a short ways. :o

Seeing a mountain lion or a bear would not surprise me at all.

The orchard will still be there tho. Even if apples are gone, deer and other animals will return to the site.

It also offers better browse than an area with just desert scrub or high mesa foliage. And a wind break...

So yeah... Food may not be there but a great many things will be and I will be happy to have some coverage from elements...