Sign in to follow this  
jgraffaz

bobcats

Some time this winter I plan on getting out there into some deep bobcat country and calling one in, I have a fox pro and some hang calls, any ideas on sounds, stands or anything else. Thanks!

I have called them in with lots of different rabbit and bird sounds. I think the key is getting in close before you call. I am sure others here can offer more advice. The FoxPro will help for sure.

• Like 1

I'm sure the hang calls will get em in nicely. Lol I think a decoy does most good with cats from what I seen that's why I just got a mojo to try looks and moves more realistic then my primos version

• Like 1

High pitched rabbit,rodent distress and the bird in distress at a constant lower volume than you would use for coyote. Cats can and will get bored and leave if you take very long pauses in between your series. Something to attract the cat such as a feather, a piece of fur tied to a stick so as to blow freely in the wind etc. cats are very visual. Also stay on your stand for 20 to 30 min.at a minimum. Good hunting

• Like 1