Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Washing Machine Repair Tech/Advice

I have never been thrilled with our Front Load washing machine. It is an LG and is 5 or 6 years old. This week, it has been vibrating really bad on the spin cycle. It is level and the feet are locked into place. I was thinking it could be a bad shock, I think there are two of them. Or I was also thinking it may be the tub pulley.

Anyway, I have no experience working on these and I am not so sure I want to dive into it and make matters worse......Anyone ever made this type of repair or does anyone know someone who works on these type of washing machines?

I hate spending money on these types of things. Especially after paying for multiple elk and antelope applications for the family - 10 in all. But, with 3 women in the house, I can not wait too long......

Thanks.

I have found YouTube to be my best friend when it comes to appliance repair. My guess would be the shock(s).

YouTube is the best thing tome come along for home and auto maintenance since the screwdriver.

Front loaders are notorious for vibration after awhile. The parts you mentioned are easy to fix, Pulley, shocks. The rubber pads that slip under the levelers can help. Shocks and rubber pads fixed the one that is in the laundry room were I live. That dang thing moved a foot from the vibration and actually pulled the drain hose out of the wall and flooded the floor.

Thanks. You guys are right. I found a nice video on You Tube. It looks pretty straight forward. I'll order the parts and dive into it.