Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

sig sauer sp2022

I have been researching these for a bit. I have been shooting sigs since the late 90s, p220 and p226.

I have not shot this gun, just trying to get some feed back. Im thinking of purchasing one for my son. Im not to sure about the caliber, im thinking 9mm. I have never shot any .40s. Thanks in advance.

I bought one in 9mm about 8 years ago. It is accurate and well made. I passed it on to my son about two years ago when he was looking for a nine as I was shooting my Glock more than the Sig.

• Like 1

They are nice guns, for my preference, I would take my glocks over a polymer sig. The metal frame Sigs are awesome guns, and a step above their polymers. Grip is not comfortable for me.

• Like 1

They are nice guns, for my preference, I would take my glocks over a polymer sig. The metal frame Sigs are awesome guns, and a step above their polymers. Grip is not comfortable for me.

For the money the metal frames should be several steps above the polymers. Im a sig guy, but havnt tried a polymer frame. Thanks for your thoughts.

Haven't shot this one...but the metal frames are great. Replaced H&K as my favorite platform.

I'd go .40 over 9. Will do everything a 9 can do and more. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

The one I bought came with two grip attachments you could use if you had a large or small hand and they were pretty easy to swap out.

• Like 1

Went to sportsman phx today and they had none in stock. The price was 489. He told me if he ordered an out of stock gun I would have to pay the $40 shipping. Negative, I went to lone wolf and purchased for 499 with no line and a free t-shirt. In and out in 20 minutes. The service was excellent.

My son decided on the 9mm, as he knows my two p220s will be his and his brothers along with the rest one day. I guess im just renting. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe check out some of the smaller outfits when purchasing, it may be better on both ends.

• Like 1