NOTAGS

Bowfishing reports?

CWPredator And I had a successful 1st trip to roosey friday night! Shot for 5hrs.

first time i have seen that kinda steering wheel on a boat
Haha had to turn my bowfishing rig into a G-Ride with the chrome chain wheel.

You guys did great!

I was out the same night (Friday) right after the storm blew through. We were across from Cholla and there were fish everywhere but it was so dang muddy we didn't get a lot of shooting. Even though the numbers were not huge for 3 hours we had 7 fish, not too impressive but I finally got my dad shooting and he hit 3 fish 2 really good ones. The first took off like it was shot out of a cannon and he was just holding on while it took line, great time!

I would not hit those mud flats again just because visibility was so bad and that was with the big 400W HPS lights. It was so muddy I kept running the troller into ground and having to push pole my way out of a couple of areas that were still 20 ft from the shore line.

Bass fishing report: The Bass were still hit and miss. We fished the trees for the first half of a day and couldn't get anything to bite bass, Crappies on minnows, nothing. We tried a few other areas and finally found fish in some transition areas between rocks and sand. Almost all the fish we found in numbers on the fishfinder were in 15-20 feet of water. We fished hard for a day and a half and caught 13 fish, 11 large mouth and 2 white bass. I caught virtually every fish on a small diving crankbait (think crappie crank) in a minnow pattern. My dad mixed it up on the spinners, crawdad & sexy shad crankbait. We fished texas rigged lizards, drop shot worms, spinners, cranks, jigs, minnows, and topwater, medium crankbaits seemed to be the best bet if i was picking one.

My dad managed to lose about $100 in lures on this last trip. It went from completely annoying to painfully funny when he kept losing lures even in areas where there seemed to be not much cover. I told him his reels were not allowed in the boat again until they had new line. I lost a grand total of "0" lures.