Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Shout Out to Sinwagon1 (the Vortex selling guy)

I contacted him a while ago when he had all of the binos for sale asking about scope availability.

He is able to get scopes, but not as quickly as he would have liked. So what does he do??? Contacts me yesterday and we discuss my wants/needs. He is not able to get what I wanted quickly, so he gives me a coupon code for another supplier for 7% off, and points me in their direction. I wound up ordering it last night, and saved almost as much as I would have with Sinwagon1, but will get it quicker than he could have.

Thanks again!

If you want a Vortex item, let him know. A true standup guy.

• Like 2

I contacted him a while ago when he had all of the binos for sale asking about scope availability.

He is able to get scopes, but not as quickly as he would have liked. So what does he do??? Contacts me yesterday and we discuss my wants/needs. He is not able to get what I wanted quickly, so he gives me a coupon code for another supplier for 7% off, and points me in their direction. I wound up ordering it last night, and saved almost as much as I would have with Sinwagon1, but will get it quicker than he could have.

Thanks again!

If you want a Vortex item, let him know. A true standup guy.

Yes Lance but breaking Vortex strict rules so even if he can stand up its only cuz he is chopping others off at the knees.

His prices are not lower than a lot of other vendors occasionally sell for, with discounts to certain markets/members that are not posted for all to see.

MAP (minimum advertised pricing) is just that. Advertised prices. I know a lot of vendors sell below that price point. Some even lower than Sinwagon1 can offer them at. Look at the clearance of the older Razor HD 5-20. They were selling all over the place for $1300 for a while. But only if you called and asked for that price, or were a member of another website and had a link posted by the vendor.

I got my new Steiner T5Xi for well under the MAP, and ridiculously lower than MSRP, which is almost never adhered to.

Plus, I would bet a lot of the big vendors get much better pricing from Vortex than Sinwagon1 can, therefore making a lot more money per unit.

Just need to be careful posting prices for all to see, and should probably go through PMs for that. Hence why I did not state a price on my original post.

• Like 1

I'm all about someone saving people on here some cash all while putting a little in his pocket. i dunno if you guys are all aware, but you can google coupon codes for opticsplanet and save 5-10% on all your orders

• Like 1