Sign in to follow this  
Coach

It is going to be an amazing year for turkeys

Went out today with the family to get a look at the "petting zoo". This is a spot where there's always a LOT of elk, deer, some bears and tons of turkeys. Given how little snow we've gotten this year, I had a feeling there would be very little winter kill. The amount of turkey sign we saw was amazing. Droppings everywhere, multiple roost trees.

I didn't draw and my oldest son is no longer eligible for the OTC youth hunts, but I'll be getting archery tags for myself and Matt, and really focusing on some good bird calling for my younger boys this spring. Best of luck to all of you who drew at tag. And to those of you with a some kids wanting to get started in hunting, this should be a great opportunity to get them in the woods and learning the passion.

• Like 3

Good luck Coach, hope you guys do well. I've recently negotiated a free weekend for myself in May, so I'll be heading to the White Mountains to give a go over there at the OTC thunder chickens in 27.

Good to hear... haven't had time to get out yet, but maybe this will be the year I get an arrow into one.