Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

What is this option on my trail cam?

I'm new to the trail can world. Just picked me up a used bushnell 5mp cam for a decent price. I was messing around with it last night and it takes some decent pics. The only question I have on it is under the FORMAT tab in the set up there is 2 options. FO or No. Does this option mean format or NO? Format as in to delete the pics that are on my memory card? I have kept it on NO because I don't want to mess anything up.

Can anyone tell me what this is for?

post-9018-0-86058900-1426525907_thumb.jpg

can't hurt to format if you don't have pics you want on it.

select fo and see what happens...... you already know what happens on no....

James

• Like 1

In my experience with other electronics, selecting the format option to anything other than "No" means re-formatting the storage device (i.e. SD Card) to that format setting while erasing all existing content.

Most new devices will automatically generate whatever folder structure they need when taking the first picture, as long as it isn't oddly formatted, which is why you can overwrite it in the event it is oddly formatted and not taking pictures properly.

Thanks everyone for the info!

I have the same cam. Also run moultries. If you switch cards between cameras they won't record onto the SD card. Make sure you format.