Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

22 Late bull

Here's a pic of my wife and nephew on her 22 north late bull hunt from 2005. My nephew had a tag also but went home empty. Opening morning was overcast with heavy fog due to rain the previous three days including opening day. About an hour into it, the fog burned off and we were surrounded by 7 branch antlered bulls with the closest one being 350 yards and farthest around 800..

The rain was still coming down and when she fired at the closest bull, but it was hard to tell the bull was hit. She fired again with the 270wsm and the bull tipped over like a silhouette. It doesn't look like it from the pic but this was very steep country. We quartered the 7 by 5 and had it all back to my truck in about six hours. This was her second bull and hopefully will tag another during the early 3C hunt this year.

post-13242-0-19819300-1427660677_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Your wife drew the early rifle bull tag in 3c with about 9 bonus points?

That is AWESOME! Congrats. Good luck on the hunt.

Thx, she missed a couple years and had 7. I'm assuming it's 3C which was her first choice, and second choice was another early tag. No doubt an early tag is quite a blessing this year or any year. We are really looking forward to it.

Nice bull, you should have no problem topping that bull as you guys have won the lottery with 7 points, congrats on the bull and congrats on the tag this year,it's an awesome hunt

Thank you, looking forward to it.

congrats to your wife on a nice bull, and drawing on a elk tag this year. drink.gif we will be looking forward to some good pics and a good story. ;)

Good luck this year

Nice! Congrats to both of you! Have a blast this year!