Sign in to follow this  
5nRamirez

Rosevelt lake reports.

We were there 3 weeks ago. All the fish we found that cooperated were 15-18" of water, rocky areas leading to the flats. From what we could gather they were staging on the flats and then feeding towards the banks. Spinner baits and shallow crank baits, sexy shad, shad, and bluegill pattern caught most of ours on cranks 6-8 feet of water. The spinnerbait bites were pretty random. We didn't catch squat in the trees and it seemed to be 1-2 hours of hits and then nothing for a while. We never did find the crappie and we drug minnows around in almost every spot we hit. Best luck was across from windy hill north before you hit all the mud flats. We did not hit the Salt end of the lake or the areas around the marina where the reports said the Crappie were bedding.

You will find them just stay at it. The crankbaits are a good way to cover a lot of area. I caught more fish on the small cranks, crappie style. We failed to catch a thing on dropshot or Texas lizards. I am beginning to think dropshot is not my gig since I have failed to slay them like other claim to on drop shot robos. Texas rigged lizard is my go to when things are slow but didn't pay off when we were there last month.

5nRamirez...when it gets that bad I just tie my tackle box on my line, lower it down and let them pick what they want..JK

• Like 2

Buddies are fishing every day for the last two weeks. i fished with them last week and caught 14. Senkos in very shallow water in the backs of coves where you find sticks. Boat was in 4-5 feet of water and casted in to the flats.