Sign in to follow this  
TRKHNTR

Gould"s in Southern Arizona

This ought to get you turkey hunters lucky enough to draw a Gould's tag in Arizona stirred up a bit. Here are a few Gould's at my friends ranch in the corral eating the range cakes put out for the horses. Will be in this area helping a friend with his fourth Gould's tag on May 1st.

022_zps92807a03.jpg

• Like 1

Fourth Gould's tag. Man I'm jealous. Sitting on 18pts and can't get a tag. Wondering if you would tell which unit? Trying to decide which units I want to put in for, since I should get a tag in about 3 more years.

Fourth Gould's tag. Man I'm jealous. Sitting on 18pts and can't get a tag. Wondering if you would tell which unit? Trying to decide which units I want to put in for, since I should get a tag in about 3 more years.

I don't know how he does it the last time he was drawn was 2012 guess he hold his tongue just right when he applies. :D I have only had one myself. He is hunting 35A.

Personally I think Goulds should be like sheep, one and done. Let others have a chance at a rareaty. Antelope too. Or at least a 10 year wait..............BOB!

Personally I think Goulds should be like sheep, one and done. Let others have a chance at a rareaty. Antelope too. Or at least a 10 year wait..............BOB!

I don't agree with the "one and done" but I do think AZGFD should have a 3-5 year wait period like they had back in the sixties before applying for that same species once you are drawn.

Yes, nice looking birds. Didn't mean to turn your post negative..............BOB!

• Like 1

Heading to Unit 35A tomorrow to start scouting for the Friday opener!

Was down there a few years ago with a friend and got a boomer on opening day in less than 15 minutes in the field.post-11017-0-57264800-1429519775.jpg

Can't wait...gonna try and get some good video of this scouting trip and hunt.

Good luck!

Don Martin