WildHeritageTaxidermy

2yr Deutsch Drahthaar for Sale

Stone is a two year old, intact male with a harsh, dense, flat lying coat. He has passed his VJP 67 and his HZP 180. He has been hunted over upland birds and waterfowl in Utah and furred game (raccoon and lion) here in AZ. I haven't worked him on birds and was told by his previous owner that he is slow to establish point and bumps birds. He has a very strong desire for game contact and loves to hunt and retrieve.

He is a good retriever has a good nose. He has a big range and will search a 200 yard radius for game. He loves the water and will break ice to retrieve.

Stone will only be sold to someone who will hunt him regularly and exercise him daily. Stone is high energy/intensity and lives to hunt. He is trained to road from a vehicle or from horseback. He is crate trained and travels well. He is easy to call off a tree and is tone recall trained. He also knows Sit, Come, Wait, & Kennel.

While Stone is friendly and good around people he has some dog aggression with male dogs which is why we need to sell him.

I feel Stone would be best suited to hunting furred game, he will hunt squirrel, rabbits, fox, badger, bobcat, coyote, lion and probably bear, also he is a good waterfowl dog, just needs some work in the blind. You will need to be careful because he will also make short work of domestic cats.

Stone is an outside dog. He's allowed into my shop when I'm working, and he's never urinated there. I think he would be ok inside, but I can't say definitively. I'm sure he could be housebroken. All vaccinations are current.

$1200 negotiable.

post-3674-0-26094500-1431709565_thumb.jpg

post-3674-0-18753400-1431709624_thumb.jpg

post-3674-0-90658600-1431709657_thumb.jpg

post-3674-0-36685600-1431709712_thumb.jpg

post-3674-0-51353900-1431709751_thumb.jpg

That has to be a great deal for someone right there, good luck finding Stone a happy and hunting home!

• Like 1

Too bad he is not good with other male dogs, or I would take him in a heartbeat.

Good luck with the search for a new home. That is a beautiful animal.

• Like 1

Awesome dog!

One of my dream dogs, wish I wasn't moving and had the room and time. Someone will be very lucky.

• Like 1