Sign in to follow this  
bwp22

Easton Axis

I noticed on the other thread that a lot of guys are shooting the Easton Axis. I am looking to upgrade arrows this year to a micro diameter arrow and the Axis is on my short list. I know the Deep Six inserts require the use of Deep Six broadheads, but what about the HIT inserts? Do they use standard threaded broadheads? Any advantage of using the Deep Six over the HIT inserts?

I didnt want to hijack the other thread, thanks in advance for any insight!

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the axis are microdiameter.

But yes, the HIT use standard broad heads.

• Like 1

Hit inserts use the standard points and broad heads. The deep six only use the deepsix stuff. I shoot trade gear so I stick with standard hit but I get the 75gr inserts.

I believe it is easton infusion that ate micro diameter. Axis are smaller diameter than say most goldtips though.

easton axis are .204 your standard are .246.....check out the new Victory RIP(same size as the axis .204) Im shooting them this year and running the 66 grain SS insert. They have a few different options as well....give them a look I think you will like them!

Axis are "Slim TECH" but the HIT uses standard braodhead threads.. Depending on which broadhead you use, you may want to put a collar on it.

Thanks everyone for the input. I guess the Axis are not really "micro" diameter but rather the slim tech (ST) and smaller than standard shafts. In my simple mind anything smaller than the tree trunks I shoot now are micro!

easton axis are .204 your standard are .246.....check out the new Victory RIP(same size as the axis .204) Im shooting them this year and running the 66 grain SS insert. They have a few different options as well....give them a look I think you will like them!

Thanks, ill check them out. I was looking at the Victory VAP's but they are a good chunk of change. Are the RIP's new this year? I dont recall seeing them before.

Axis are "Slim TECH" but the HIT uses standard braodhead threads.. Depending on which broadhead you use, you may want to put a collar on it.

Thanks. I have read about the collars and was under the impression that if the inserts are intalled correctly you shouldnt need them. Are they required for all broadheads or do some broadheads just fit different?

some broad heads fit a bit differently. I foot my shafts with 1/2inch of 2016 Easton aluminum shafts so I haven't needed to worry about it so far.

• Like 1

I shoot AXIS 400 SLIM and love them. They are 9.0 gpi and I top them off with 100 grain Wac'Em XL fixed blade broadheads. I do not use collars and they shoot fine for me out to 80 yards.

Thanks. I have read about the collars and was under the impression that if the inserts are intalled correctly you shouldnt need them. Are they required for all broadheads or do some broadheads just fit different?

I shhot rages and G5's.. I dont use any collars at all. The G5's fit like they were made for them.

Maverick,

Please expand on the comment about FMJ having more weight than the Axis N-fused arrows. My axis ST's are 9.0 gpi, what weight are your FMJ's?