Sign in to follow this  
257wby

FOREST CLOSURES

I was just wondering if anyone has heard any info on the possibility ot the forests being closed because of fire threat. I was planning on hauling the fifth wheel up to 5b south next saturday to reserve my spot, but I would hate to get it up there just to have the forest closed for the Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks, Mike

As I type this there are no closures in effect. But as you stated, they may try to push the closure sooner now. It would be a shame to get your trailer all setup, then have them close it while you are down here and it's still up there. Anyone know the fine of being in the forests when they are closed?

Although, personally, I think they will stay open through Memorial Day weekend atleast. That would be a lot of money lost to the campgrounds and other things like that if they closed early IMO. But who knows for sure and that's just my thoughts on the subject.

Just please no more Rodeo Chediski...

Jim Paxson -

AND FIVE YEARS LATER…THE RECOVERY IS SLOW…

ts gonna be 50 years before we get little pines back in here and 150 to 200 before we get the same height trees as what burned...

THE RODEO CHEDESKI BURNED A HALF A MILLION ACRES AND AS JIM PAXON TOLD US ITS HARD TO IMAGINE HOW BIG THAT ACTUALLY IS UNTIL YOU WITNESS IT FOR YOURSELF…

AzP&Y

post-898-1179100203_thumb.jpg