Antler assassin

same size tires all the way around on rhino

I was wondering if anyone on here has ran all the same size tires at all four coners of their utv? I have to buy new tires for my rhino and was wondering if there is any advantage to doing this. I currently am running 27x9r14 front and 27x11r14 rear. Was pondering running 27x9r14 all the way around any info would be greatly appreciated.

I did this on my old rhino. No advantage I saw or felt. Actually made it harder to steer with wider tires up front.

I run them on my ranger like that just so the spare fits all 4 tires incase of a flat . I run the inferno supper swamper street tires. Ride smooth turn great and can go any wear with them I got 5200 miles on them and still look brand new

The little bit of extra width in back on a stock rhino gives you just a little more stability in corners. I tried it once and noticed it rolled over a little more in a corner so I went back to the bigger ones in back and it helped. Also they had a "Notice" on rhinos about 5 years ago or so I think about removing the anti sway bar in the rear as it made it stiffer in a corner and more prone to roll over. I took mine of and what a big difference.

Discount may have the best prices but you need to check around. Sometimes people will do take offs and they can be 90% still good. Just depends on what your looking for.

Checked around last time I bought tires and ended up with Discount. I wanted a 6 ply with aggressive tread and they had them for a better price than anyone else.

As to different size tires......thinking about buying a new 570 Ranger. The length will fit in the bed of my pickup but with the wide tires on the back I have only an inch of clearance. I was wondering about doing something similar......could I put a smaller tire on the back without screwing up gear ratios, etc when it was in 4x4. I am thinking if the tire diameter was the same there should be no issues.

I run Maxxis original Bighorns. You will be hard pressed to find name brand tires cheaper than Rocky Mountain ATV. Free shipping and no sales tax.

• Like 1

Wouldn't think it would mess with ratios as long as the front and back are the same diameter. I don't know about rangers as I don't own one but for Rhinos like I stated is made a dif when it came to cornering as far as the width. For example if stock tires were say 25x12x10 and you put 29x12x10 I think it would change you speedometer and possibly your top end speed. Putting a tire on front that is 29 and one on back that is 25 would not be a good thing I think. When you have it in 4x4 they would not be turning the same revolutions and could bind up the gearing.