naturegirl

My first solo kayak trip

I have rolled over every canoe I have ever been in. These Kayaks scare me to death. I think I'm to old and to fat to be getting in something that looks like I might never recover from. Glad you all are having fun but I think I will stick with a boat and motor. I love looking at all your pictures Christina.

:)

TJ

My mother kayaks with me. I guarantee you can kayak TJ. My son & i have the same kayaks and they are very very stable, easy to get on/off, and super easy to paddle.

I really would like to try one sometime. Looks like a lot of fun but I still think they are geared towards the younger crowd. :)

TJ

My mother would be offended...lol. and the "older " crowd that hits the salt on kayaks are all retired folks. It is NOT that difficult. I've actually noticed the majority are older than my 42 years.

• Like 1

Why are there 2 threads on this?

They can just combine them. The site was having some issues on Monday, I had trouble getting on and I though I have seen a couple of other double posts too.

TJ, I got 4... let me know when you and peg want to go out in them. I've dumped my canoe twice. Once in the salt, and once with help from a younger passenger. That's the cool thing about a kayak... you just have to balance yourself. theres no coordination between you and someone trying to see "whats over there".... ha ha

Mine are pretty wide and flat (have rod holders built in too). I take mine down the salt all the time and haven't flipped one yet

• Like 1