Ed67

San Diego

Results of our trip. 21 dorado, 92 yellowtail, 10 yellowfin, 23 anglers 2 days. Tuna were tough to find and the ones we caught were smaller. Yellowtail were up to 30#. While our numbers might not have been off the charts it wasn't for lack of trying! The crew on the outer limits worked their butts off and when we did get on a hot bite of yellowtail, all rods were hooked up at once, the crews ability shined! These guys rock! Nice boat, great food, excellent crew= great time! The cook even prepared us some fresh sashimi on the ride back!

• Like 1

Results of our trip. 21 dorado, 92 yellowtail, 10 yellowfin, 23 anglers 2 days. Tuna were tough to find and the ones we caught were smaller. Yellowtail were up to 30#. While our numbers might not have been off the charts it wasn't for lack of trying! The crew on the outer limits worked their butts off and when we did get on a hot bite of yellowtail, all rods were hooked up at once, the crews ability shined! These guys rock! Nice boat, great food, excellent crew= great time! The cook even prepared us some fresh sashimi on the ride back!

Awesome. The Torres charter leaves for our 2 day this Tues night on the OL. Hope we do that well on Yellows and have a shot at the tuna. I'm putting new fluorocarbon top shot on the 2 speed this weekend, just in case. I'll report on our trip when we get back. Thanks for the report. 30lb yellowtail are hard to beat.
  • Like 1

Took a couple of three-quarter day trips last week out of Point Loma sportfishing and did alright, with my son outfishing me. 3/4 days were outfishing the overnights and 1.5 days, but the 2 days were slaying them. Saw a couple of 170 Lb. bluefine brought in to the dock in the mornings, along with a 142 Lb Opah

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. We shifted gears and are going to spend the weekend between Groundhog and McPhee in Colorado.