Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Can you cool a barrel quicker at range

I actually rigged up a battery powered air mattress pump and hose and attached it to a case and stuck it in my action for OCW testing believe it or not it works GREAT. Go get an portable air matress pump, some hose, and cut the head off a case. Works great and you can make it in minutes.

• Like 1

Buddy of mine, who is an extremely knowledgeable shooter uses co2? Something hooked up to a tank and it works wonders.

I've had an idea floating in my head that I've yet to make, but think it would work.

5 gallon bucket with lid

Air mattress pump

Hose/tubing

Ice/dry ice

Full the bucket with either ice or dry ice and put a towel or something to keep the water from getting I the pump. Place pump in bucket, cut a hole in the lid big enough for the tubing to come out. Attach tubing to pump, then put tubing in the chamber and turn it on. In MY head this works great but I'm yet to try it out.

Here's probably simpler design of the same idea -

1. fish tank or nebulizer pump - something like this...

http://www.theoxygensuppliesshop.com/medneb-airial-nebulizer-compressor-system-mq5600.html?acc=cfcd208495d565ef66e7dff9f98764da&gclid=CLeX3KS_l8cCFcNhfgodMeUE1g

http://www.123ponds.com/06404.html?utm_source=06404&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=googleproducts&gclid=CLmQg7DCl8cCFcOBfgodieYE-w

2. extra tubing maybe 10-15 feet - the longer the tube the cooler the air

3. cooler full of ice

Connect tube to pump, coil majority of tubing in cooler full of ice - leave enough of tubing exposed so it can be placed in the muzzle and turn the pump on and blow nice cool are down the barrel.

The first shot out of a cold barrel is the only one that counts. No amount of tricks are going to duplicate that. Buy a ranch set up a range and every morning go out and take a shot.