Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Broadheads

the hunt is next month, has he not been practicing with broadheads??

oh, and slick tricks, or phatheads.

do yours fly all messed up or something usually? i just screw mine in when i get to camp and take a couple practice shots before the hunt.

Nope, I shot slick tricks and they flew perfectly, I just like to practice how I play. Builds confidence knowing I practiced with my set up exactly like I'll use it in the field.

• Like 1

I agree with firstcoueswas80. I have been shooting nothing but my slick tricks since July 1 on the arrows I hunt with, from hunting positions and ranges. When the season gets here I will just replace the blades and am good to go.

I have always had great results using the Magnus Stingers. This year I'm gonna be using there new broadhead called the Black Hornet. I prefer a cut on contact head, plus there blades are also sharpened on the backside. Just in case you don't have a pass through, the blade will be cutting when the animal is running. They are super sharp and I have left a good blood trail from my target to my hose when I pull an arrow out of the target and the back of the blade sliced all of my fingers. David

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/black-hornet/

post-561-0-15151300-1440382979_thumb.jpg

whichever you can shoot your bow/arrow/setup the best with ....That's the one to get.

personally I like mechanicals best, death everywhere I take them.

• Like 1