Sign in to follow this  
Younghunter

Is Camouflage Necessary

I'd like to say it does because I have hundreds of dollars of it. But in reality I would say any dark colored clothing that had a pattern that's broken up rather than one solid color is probably just fine. My dad laughs at me because he says him and his dad wore jeans and t shirts their whole lives and killed more stuff than I'll dream of killing. No matter what you're wearing they will see you if you're moving. I think camo is necessary for turkey hunting though because they can see much better and can see in color unlike elk and deer.

My dad says the same thing. He and his best friend wore jeans and plaid wool jackets for decades and killed a ton of deer and bears. Just think about all the animals that were killed by hunters before we were even born. If you do some research, you will find camo hasn't even been around very long. That being said....I wear it head to toe. I figure it can't hurt.

• Like 1

I like getting into camo....it seems to fit the season but like Average Joe......I prefer wranglers for keeping crap off my legs. I take my old black church wrangers and turn them into hunting pants. They look perfect in the burn areas, then I top off with a tight sleeved camo undershirt and a short sleeved camo tee shirt with a stupid cap of any color.

Course, I wear that same camo setup at home just about every night......keeps me thinking about what I enjoy tons and that is huntin!!!!

Is a calibrated scope necessary? Binos? Rangefinder? Stainless rifle? Any scope? Compound bow? If you're rifle hunting the only things necessary are a rifle, ammo and a knife. If you're bow hunting then a bow, arrows and a knife. Lotsa stuff is nice to have. Few things are necessary. The most essential thing is the nuts to bail off into rough country and hunt. With dark clothes you can always look like a shadow. If you get caught moving, it doesn't matter what you have on. You're busted. Being sneaky, knowing how to use wind, and backbone is really all it takes. They're necessary. Lark.

• Like 2