Sign in to follow this  
cowboyup24

unit 32

After thinking about it a bit more I realized my video probably doesn't accurately show how the unit is now days. The video was made back in 2004 back when 32 was quite a bit better coues unit IMO. The last time I hunted the unit was in 08 and between 04-08 I saw a huge decline deer numbers at least in the areas I was hunting. Since 08 I've heard it's only gotten worse. I don't want to sound too negative just more accurate then what my video may portray. Good luck on your hunt cowboyup24 and maybe let us know how it turns out if you get the time.

I hear if you pay a couple different guides/outfitters plenty of cheese ... they will get you into the vast majority of the unit most hunters are locked out of and open the whole world to you .... I am sure there are plenty of quality and numbers in 32 but access for the DIY free hunter types is a Joke and from what I hear it is far worse than it was 10 years ago... It is a prime example of a few screwing it up for the majority .. The small percent who trashed private lands and the few individuals who secured decent access through locked gates... It is about time for the state to start getting access back and work out deals with land owners to ensure all of us get equal access to OUR public LAND

• Like 2

There is always access guys u have to WALK oven if that means a 10 mile hike in or around so many people have got lazy these days wanting to drive their side by side and are to lazy to walk remember it's hunting not killing

• Like 1

There is always access guys u have to WALK oven if that means a 10 mile hike in or around so many people have got lazy these days wanting to drive their side by side and are to lazy to walk remember it's hunting not killing

Access to public lands should be equal ... I have no issue putting the miles on and most on this forum do not.... but if there are individuals that can drive in 8 miles closer access is not equal ... Distance from a vehicle adds certain benefits in emergency situations as well as packing out ... not just the Hunting .... On more than one occasion I have been on trails in a couple different units hiking in @ 4 am in the morning only to get a couple miles back and have a couple guys in side by sides run me off a trail barely big enough for the OHV and literally drive within a hundred yards of where I was headed 3 miles back ... They crossed and caught the trail through private land, where the land owner had put up fence and posted no OHV's. They claimed they were given access... Upon running into the land owner , he claimed that was not the case but hard to say if he was being truthful... When it comes to public lands ( land Locked or not ) ALL should have Equal access. for more reasons than just hunting.

I had the 32 hunt 2 years ago. At that time, if you contacted them early enough, you were able to pay a couple hundred bucks to ward outfitters to get a key for the gates to access the mercer ranch. Not sure if they still outfit it but it can get you to some country that isn't so molested. Or park at there fence like I did and walk in.

Nice bucks in video. I would think south of the border or atleast south of Tucson. 32 is limited access and a long drive back in. Does have some good bucks tho! Good luck!

if you hunt the east side of the galiuros and take high creek to the end you can hike everywhere and you are right behind the private properties and access to all the public land but you have to hike in.

Guest 300ultramag.

That's a brainy idea. Hike 10 miles in 90 degree weather to get to the base of the mountains you want to hunt. All because of greed and leased land that people think they own..

• Like 1

That's a brainy idea. Hike 10 miles in 90 degree weather to get to the base of the mountains you want to hunt. All because of greed and leased land that people think they own..

what is wrong with hiking in? have you ever been at the end of high creek rd, is not even 3 miles to hunting areas,

my brain maybe don't work as well as yours but if you work hard you get results, hope not to offend your your BRAINY intelligence

what is wrong with hiking in? have you ever been at the end of high creek rd, is not even 3 miles to hunting areas,

my brain maybe don't work as well as yours but if you work hard you get results, hope not to offend your your BRAINY intelligence

one thing I've always said, I hate walking down a perfectly good road.ESPECIALLY when packing out a deer.

Guest 300ultramag.

Hiking is fine no problems with it. My hang up is... you hike in x miles, only to have xxx amount of trucks who paid the owner or outfitter to drive in, (mind you this is public land we are discussing)This doesnt settle with me.

p.s. not offended and Im no brain ( I do have a mountain of common since tho) but I wont hike 10 miles in on an october hunt to an area where Mr Howell is posted up and he drove in with his car. I will do the hard work to hare a mountiain with a fellow backpacker tho in a wilderness area. Shoot Ill buy him a beer.

That unit is hit or miss, my uncle has taken a,112 out of there, but in all the times I spent in there glassing sheep, and bears, all I've seen are dinkers, my best buck in 7 yrs in the west side of that unit is probably 85 and this is from arivaipa to Jackson cabin. A lot of deer, A LOT of lions get a cat tag for sure! Glass your butt off.