Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

First trail cam set-up

Had this thing out for about 10 days. Went to check it & the counter said 1439 pictures! Obviously, a bunch of false triggers. There was nothing solid to mount it to, so a tied a few branches on a mesquite tree together & then strapped the camera to the bundle. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but the wind blew it all over the place, causing the false triggers. Did manage to get a few critter pics out of those 1400 terrain portraits though. Most were pretty dark & hard to see, as the animals were right at the edge of the flash, but these came out all right:

post-1431-1182787646.jpg

post-1431-1182787509.jpg

post-1431-1182787655.jpg

Right on. I just set one out this weekend and I will be doing another next weekend.

I will post pics when I get em.

Thanks for sharing. It's better than I've done so far. You'll get better with practice. Keep us informed.

MATT - REAL NICE JOB FOR ONLY LEAVING IT OUT THERE 10 DAYS!

Gonna get mine out this weekend!

i litterally have hundreds of elk pictures since april and only a few deer and turkey pictures. It really is kind of aggravating.

I agree on the elk pic's being aggrivating at times. Now if a guy could get a bull tag every year I'd probably feel differently.

i litterally have hundreds of elk pictures since april and only a few deer and turkey pictures. It really is kind of aggravating.

Try playing w/ the correction features on your picture software. I had a couple like your that were nothing but foating eye-balls & when you lighten 'em up they turned into more javelina.

post-1431-1183073484.jpg

post-1431-1183073515.jpg

Not sure what this one is. Looks like a fox-butt to me.

post-1431-1183073530.jpg

Good job for your first set!

Here is one I got a couple weeks ago. See the one in the back?

post-669-1183092653_thumb.jpg

here is one of my favorite elk pictures Checking my camera today maybe I will get something better

post-1234-1183123346_thumb.jpg