HOSS....

Last 2 days to hunt.... Unit 1 WHERE?

Hello all hunters.... I am actually down to couple days left to hunt Unit 1 archery. I just got off a fire assignment and been busy since July with no scouting. I have been in the unit a lot in 2010, 2011 on an assignment but I know how things change. Guide is not an option of course. And at this point I'm happy with any nice bull. Of course I've had my 370, 380, and 400 bulls taken but willing to take down any decent size at this point for I am a hunter who is just happy to get out. Just had a really busy fire season and made that a priority with all the resources that were threatened. Any info would help even if you just told me a creek, mtn, tank etc. thank you and God bless all you hard core hunters.

• Like 2

Drive up water canyon road toward big lake about 3 am. Stop ever once in awhile and Listen for whistles and go from there. Maybe try the old boneyard road too. Anywhere around the big meadows. They'll be out in them at night. Good luck. Lark.

• Like 1

Push the timber through the day from meadows to water sources.... This time of year ... the big boys are hanging in the thick close to meadows and flats that those cows prefer, big glass is not going to help as much as boot leather through the trees IMO... if you know where water is and are seeing cows , look in the trees in between... even if you are seeing some smaller bulls with the cows often a big guy is staying out of sight not far away.

Drive up water canyon road toward big lake about 3 am. Stop ever once in awhile and Listen for whistles and go from there. Maybe try the old boneyard road too. Anywhere around the big meadows. They'll be out in them at night. Good luck. Lark.

this. theres elk every square mile in 1

Out of eager take the road toward big lake get off forest road 261f

Go before daybreak and listen for the bugles, camped there and they screamed every morning like crazy till about 8:30-9 then got quiet.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Thanks for all the Intel. I actually was able to get out and get on some good Bulls. 2 that actually were really nice(370+) but unfortunately was unable to close the distance. I appreciate the info and hopefully I can get a coues buck I've been on....the last couple years. God bless all u hunters no matter what ur hunting. I had a great time in unit 1 even though it was short. Beautiful country.

• Like 2