firstcoueswas80

Dodge warranty question

So, against all odds dad decided to buy a 2007 2500 with the cummins. he wants to put a levelin kit on the front, what are your thoughts/experience on putting the leveling kit on and what does it do to the warranty?

If you put on a leveling kit and you have any problems with allignment or suspenson chrysler will not keep it under the warranty since it is now factory stock.

It will still void the warranty since it is not the stock parts my dads buddy had the same situation.

Any vehicle that has any modifications done to it that still have the factory warranty will fall under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. If a dealership trys to void a warranty or refuses to to warranty work based on modifications, they have prove that the parts added were the result of the parts going bad on the vehicle. It doesn't matter who puts your parts on the vehicle. But if they do prove the mods caused the issues, then you will have to pay to get it fixed. Now if your are just doing the level kit, I have never heard of anybody getting the warranty denied for that. You should also change out the front shocks at the same time, since they will be so short for offroad use. I have had several trucks with lift kits, and I have never had warranty work denied. David

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm

HuntNut is right.

I have had the ford dealer try to not do warranty work on my 01 f350

I really had to just say (Magnuson-Moss) and that was the end of it.

You can also go to Banks web site, They have some good info there on it

Mike

Good info guys.....I did not know some of that......

Casey, those leveling kits are great on the Dodge trucks. They appear to be slightly lifted but lose no performance or handling.

The best warranty you can get on a Dodge, Ford or Chevy is to sell it and buy a Toyota.

:P

The best warranty you can get on a Dodge, Ford or Chevy is to sell it and buy a Toyota.

Let me hook up my fifth wheel to your toyota, and then I will hook my duramax to the front so you are able to tow it. :o Toyotas are great, since my wife drives a fourrunner. But they just don't have a good payload or tow capacity. David

Amen brother!! Now theres a man who knows what hes talkin' about...

Ron

could not of said it any better

could not of said it any better

IF YOU CANT DODGE IT RAM IT