Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Winter Sledding around Flagstaff

I know it's not too far off and hopefully we will have enough snow for Snow Bowl to be open for Thanksgiving. Where around Flagstaff is a good place to take a 4yo to go sledding?

Wing mountain is a good spot (I'm told), but it can be a pain to get in there and find parking. I've honestly never been there in the 8 years we've lived here because I refuse to fight that and pay. You also have to be careful because people (illegally) park along Hwy 180 and its a NIGHTMARE. NAU has a few hills that are popular, including the hills on the NAU practice fields to the east/southeast of the Dome. There are some around Ft. Tuthill/Fairgrounds. I know people hit some of the hills in Kachina, but they also get chased off by CCSO because they aren't supposed to be there.

We usually tear it up on our backyard because its got a great slope and not crowded at all! There are some decent hills down off 89A just a couple of miles south of town heading towards Sedona, too. You can hike in a bit to the Griffith's Spring area just south of town and a couple of side roads that are gated offer good, safe, sledding. Let me put some more thought into areas I know if you want to avoid more crowded areas.

• Like 1