Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Fire pics

I was heading home from Flagstaff today and saw the fire burning south of the Mormon Lake area. I pulled over to take a pic of the huge smoke flume and a couple of these copters came over. David

IMG_9530.jpg

IMG_9527.jpg

IMG_9528.jpg

IMG_9526.jpg

You might have seen those two helicopters on their way over to drop some water on the Clear fire. A lightening strike started a fire just south of East Clear Creek canyon (about 1000 yds south of East Clear Creek Pines Units 8&9 Subdivision) around 1pm on Sunday 7/8. Those same to helicopters were pulled off the Birdie fire to drop few loads of water on the Clear fire. I have some pictures of them on my camera that I'll try and get downloaded in the next day or two...

Ron

Nice pics.

here is a link to some video I took of the Molino Basin fire the other day. Based on the smoke plume, it's not as big a fire as the one you photographed.

Molino Basin Fire

Awe, man!! Molino Basin is on fire again!!!??? That sucks!!

Here are some pics from this past weekend. The fire was about 1100 yards away from my parent's place, across East Clear Creek Canyon. Too close for comfort...

This is how the fire looked while waiting on air support and ground crews to arrive...

Here is the first helicopter to arrive on the scene... They pulled the water out of Blue Ridge Reservoir...

Another drop...

The second helicopter to arrive...

post-945-1184041556_thumb.jpg

What it looked like after they were done.

The ground crews arrived sometime during the water drops. After taking pictures I was looking through the binos and could see guys walking around surveying the fire. They got it contained and 'under control' pretty quickly, although it burned throughout most of the night and they were still working on it today.

Many thanks go out to the pilots and fire crews risking their necks on this fire and the others burning around the state. Ironic thing is, my dad was over supporting the Birdie fire over by Mormon Lake with Coconino Search and Rescue...

Ron

Neat pictures guys. Hope the fire stays away from your dads cabin Ron. Anybody know how contained this fire is and how large it is now?

Thanks to everyone who shared pictures and the video was good. It is a reminder that we all must be careful and thanks to all the hard fire fighters on and those behind the scene we never here of.

TJ

Man you had me pretty nervous when you said there was a fire in there. My place is only about 500 yards from the forest. My buddy has a cabin that borders that canyon. He said his neighbor saw the lightning hit and made the call. Great pics. David

Units 8 and 9 is some of my old stomping grounds. Live up there for 13 yrs or so. Actually lived outside of 8 and 9

just a little off of Rd 319.

Sad to see it smoking. :(