rossislider

Long Day of Processing Meat

Very nice! It's a lot of work but well worth it! I just got done smoking my jerky!post-2686-0-35319500-1446702611_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's great. What recipe did you use for your breakfast sausage?

I like to add a bit of beef fat for my burger. It's a dang lot of work processing yourself but worth every minute of it. Good lesson for your kids to learn how to do as well. Congrats on the deer

I used the recipe at the link below with a couple of tweaks. It turned out really good!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16359/breakfast-sausage/

For the meat I used 75% ground game meat to 25% ground pork butt. It makes the sausage a bit leaner than most are used to, but I prefer it that way. Traditional sausages are usually 50%+ fat.

That's great. What recipe did you use for your breakfast sausage?

I like to add a bit of beef fat for my burger. It's a dang lot of work processing yourself but worth every minute of it. Good lesson for your kids to learn how to do as well. Congrats on the deer

I used the recipe at the link below with a couple of tweaks. It turned out really good!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16359/breakfast-sausage/

For the meat I used 75% ground game meat to 25% ground pork butt. It makes the sausage a bit leaner than most are used to, but I prefer it that way. Traditional sausages are usually 50%+ fat.

I also prefer it a bit leaner as well.

Looks like a good recipe there. I'm gonna give it a try with a bull I just took a couple weeks ago. I made up some maple sausage but nothing else for breakfast sausage. Thanks for the link!