Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

180" Buck

beautiful buck!

OK he's 178 4/8" but close enough to 180" and 180" sounds better ;)

We have been seeing this buck the last two years and this year he really put on some growth. My dad had a friend from Virginia that drew the tag so we wanted to find this buck again for him.

Back in August I located him and saw just how big he had become just since last year. I guided a guy who missed him at 50 yards during the archery hunt and after that he was nowhere to be found. After looking and looking I'd just about given up on him until my dad called me this morning saying he found him and to get up there with his friend John to kill him.

After about 30 minutes John arrived and walked slowly through the draw looking for him and he hadn't moved 200 yards. An 80 yard shot put him down. (So they thought) when they reached down to touch his antlers after 5 minutes or so that buck jumped straight up in the air and took off. Got another shot into him and he went down for good. We had estimated him at 180-185" in velvet but due to a stunted right main beam and pretty much non existent eye guards he didn't quite hit the 180 mark. Either way he is an incredible buck and was actually Johns first mule deer. The buck had incredible mass. Bases were 5 5/8" and a total of 37 inches all around. His g2's were 17 4/8". It was great to finally see him on the ground and enjoy him close up. First pic is him last year, velvet is this summer and then him today.

Congrats to everyone great deer and nice gohunt hat!!!

Awesome buck for sure. Congratulations on the team work.

TJ