Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

Old calls

So my dad passed away 11 years ago and I was thinking about his old elk call and I wondered if my mom still had it stored some where. I had the chance to look for it yesterday and found a box with these two elk calls and a varmint, quail and a wooden turkey call. I remember blowing on these things about 40 years ago and scratching on the turkey call. They are now going in my man cave and they bring back some great memories. Anyone recognize or remember these old calls?

post-4217-0-44929400-1446512919_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I remember some. I would take the elk calls out next time you go elk hunting and will probably do pretty good since not everybody is blowing them in the woods.

That is cool. I can still taste that old wooden varmit call my dad gave me 40 years ago. Where it is now, I'd love to know. But on the bright side, was going through some boxes yesterday and found an old cedar box turkey call he made 70 years ago.

• Like 2

Nice. I have one of those elk calls and that Circe call sure brings back memories of hunting with my dad, I've seen those go for $70-$75 dollars. Who made that turkey call?

TRKHTR- I don't see a name brand on it, I don't know if its a home made call or what.

That is cool. I can still taste that old wooden varmit call my dad gave me 40 years ago. Where it is now, I'd love to know. But on the bright side, was going through some boxes yesterday and found an old cedar box turkey call he made 70 years ago.

wow post a pic of that home made 70 year old call. how does it sound.