Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

Buy or build

I just built a .300RUM, had it put together by Phoenix Custom Rifles. I used a Rem 700 BDL LA from a rifle I already had. I had won a certificate for a free barrel by Rock Creek. So add about $350-700 to my price for that.

Donor action-$0 (I bought the rifle new in 1999 for $650 and used it for 16 years)

Barrel-$0 (normal cost would have been around $700 for what I ordered)

Trigger-$100 (I had the stock Rem trigger worked to 3# back in 1999, I would go with a Timney Calvin Elite if I were to do it again)

New HS Precision stock-$360 on sale

PCR to true action, chamber and install barrel, supply & install Badger Thruster brake, perform minor stock work-$900

Badger 20MOA Picatinny rail-$140

Scope & rings-$0 (swapped from another rifle for now)

Paint for action/stock-$80 in materials, a few hours so far in labor.

I am in it for about $2150 right now. Add the barrel cost puts me around $2500-2850, and a scope/rings would add another $1600-3100 depending on how much I wanted to spend.

The rifle, as it sits right now, just shot a .137" 3 round group with absolutely no load development.

• Like 1

if you check at brunos the barrels are around 359. then you to install is 150-175. a shilen trigger ( 100 -120) is my favorite but they are hard to install. timey are I believe a 120 and jewell are 220.

Im a hopless tinkerer so take it for what its worth, but nothing is as badass as blowing up something you built yourself. ;)