AZ RANGER

FIXING TO BUY A TRAIL CAM

I am looking into buying the Stealth cam MC2-G only 59.00 from Bass pro shops. I know you get what you pay for but this is all I can aford now, and I am not smart enough to build my own.

Has anybody used this cam with success. I have read a lot of reviews on the net mostly good. One concern I have is the range that the sensor will pick up motion to take pictures. one review said it would not work past 12 feet, and that will not cut it in the country I will set it up in.

any suggestions

thanks

Scott

Hey AZ RANGER, I lust looked on bass pro shops web site, and I think the stelth cam mc2-g is a great buy for the money. I also noticed you can adjust the motion senser from close to far. Not bad for only 59.00. If you get it be sure to let us know how the pics come out. Terry Lambeth

Build your own or I'll build it for you. You can have a digital cam and setup for about $325-350. the cost up front it a bit more but you can put 100 pics on the card the cam comes with and you only keep what you want.

With the store bought 35mm you have to spend $3.00 on film and $10.00 to develop it. depending on how much you use it digital is the way to go. Plus they are 10 times better than store bought

Ask galiuromountainman

Build your own or I'll build it for you. You can have a digital cam and setup for about $325-350. the cost up front it a bit more but you can put 100 pics on the card the cam comes with and you only keep what you want.

I wish I could justify to my wife that I need $300.00 for camera to take pictures of animals walking down the trail for some reason she does'nt see my need. so until we get the credit card paid off it is only small purchases for me. thanks for the offer though and maybe down the road i will take you up on it becuase digital would be he way to go.

on another note I just ordered the stealth cam from bass pro $69.83 with shippiping paid two extra dollars to get it here on tuesday. I can't wait. I also got to talking with my dad and he has a Trailmaster infared sensor game monitor that has been sitting in the box for several years. he used it once and a rat ate a hole through the camera cable. I ordered another camera cable for ten bucks so know I should have two cameras. My dad paid about $500.00 for it new and it seems like a nice system from what I have read. though it may be a little hard to set up. does anybody else have this type of camera that uses the active infared sensor? How do you like it?

COUES7, HOW DO YOU BUILD YOUR OWN TRAIL CAMERAS? I BOUGHT A STEALTH CAM A COUPLE MONTHS AGO, SET IT UP IN A SPOT I THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD VENTURE TO,AND WOULDN'T YOU KNOW, I WENT BACK A FEW DAYS LATER TO CHECK ON IT AND IT WAS GONE! SOME SORRY SOB SNAGGED IT. I HOPE IT WASN'T A FELLOW HUNTER BECAUSE THAT WOULD JUST PISS ME OFF EVEN MORE.I GUESS NOTHING IS SAFE FROM ANYONE NOWADAYS.

ALBERT

AZ Ranger,

I built 2 digitals for $153 each, and I could have got by for less. The cheapest way is to go to a pawn shop and find a camera, I spent $50 on my first 2 cams. The best cams are sony dsc p31, 32, 41, and olympus d360l, d370, d380, there are others that can be used, but these are the most popular, and easiest to use.

Coues7,

How did your cam come out? I am getting some more going after I move. I have bought every p32 I can find locally, which is 5, soon these will not be found anywhere. After I build these up I will have 25 under my belt. After the first one it goes much faster. I can build 2 in one day now, and the holes line up now. I have been thinking about designing a slave flash board, but havent had time, and I may also do a control board.

GMM

I'm a perfectionist so mine turned out great. I have 4 now. I would post pics but don't know how.

As for getting your cam stolen I lock----LOCK all mine to the tree using a master lock "python lock" they work awesome. You can build them for about $150 with a used camera but I use only new one because I know they work. A new Sony P32 or P41 goes for about $150 that's the major cost. An Olympus D-380 can't really be found for less than $130

Building cams take some technical skills but if you have them you should be able to do it. If you need help let me or galuiromountain man (I guess I'm volunteering him).

Scott

I'll help anyone who needs it too. Warning though...its addicting!!! Ive got quite a few homebrews of my own and digital is the only way to go! I have a stealth cam that is almost brand new with instructions, if someone wants it they can have it for 35.00 plus shipping! Grande Bear....you can have it for 35 shipped, since some jerk stole yours!

If Grande Bear or AZ RANGER Dosn't want it well I do. Give me a pm and we will get the ball rolling. Terry Lambeth

Can you build me other digital ones for $35.00 or how much? I'd like to try one of yours out this year. I am planning on putting 3 in the superstition wilderness in the next few months. Let me know I'll drive to pay you the cash.

Dan

Dan,

Digitals are quite a bit more expensive. The stealth I have had laying around for a while and have built so many digitals that I just dont use it much anymore! I could build a quality digital for about 220. IF you would like to build one shoot me an email and I can get you started. jarrod_mcfarlin@excite.com