Sign in to follow this  
willhunt4coues

NEW Hornady Bullets **IN STOCK**

6.5 cal 143 grain ELDX

https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=HN&i=2635

6.5 cal 140 grain ELD Match

https://www.precisionreloading.com/cart.php#!l=HN&i=2635

They dont have but 44 boxes of each get them while they have them

Midway has had the 30 cal 200 grain ELDX in stock since last Thursday or Friday. I got mine Monday.

I took a soldering iron to the tips of the AMAX, ABLR, TMK and the ELDX. The ELDX held up considerably better.

The way they are designed, they do NOT make a good choice for short action cartridges. The 208 AMAX makes a much better short action option. I'm assuming the 178 ELDX will be the best option of the ELDX line for SA cartridges.

• Like 1

$14 bucks for usps shipping! No thanks. Midway will have them soon enough.

Midway's shipping is not much better.

One time I calledMidway to complain about the shipping price. It was almost $8 for a neck bushing. They they cut it to around $5.00. I asked them why they they didn't just give everyone the best shipping price and they just said "can we help you with anything else, sir?"

Thats why you never buy 1 box. If you buy 500 bullets or 1000 bullets then it makes it worth the 15.00. Same with Powder don't buy 1lb buy 8lbs. That is how I get around shipping. If you buy at the store now you have to think of Time, Gas, Tax, and increase in price.

• Like 2

I understand, but I don't want to buy 500 bullets when I just want some to try out to see if they shoot.

• Like 2

I understand, but I don't want to buy 500 bullets when I just want some to try out to see if they shoot.

Best to buy at store then when they do get some.

Living where I do, I'm doomed to pay high shipping prices. Midway really pisses me off though. They package bullets in a USPS flat rate box, charge the flat rate shipping plus 10$ for the luxury of living in AK. I called them on it recently and they said the extra is because final delivery is by UPS which is BS because the USPS always drops it off.

I'm about done with midway. I understand I need to pay shipping but they're flat out crooked about it with it costing the same to them to ship it 2 miles or 3000 miles.

I have no qualms about buying large quantities to try. If none of my setups handle them well, the next barrel probably will. I can always sell them too. If Hilary gets elected, I can't enough bullets regardless of the type. When the TMKs were announced, I back ordered 500 each of the 155, 168 and 175. They all shoot lights out and they'll last me a little while. I hate having to buy 100, work up loads, realize that it's a sweet bullet only to not be able to find more to stock up on. I tend to buy large quantities of what I know I need when it becomes available and I tend to buy large quantities of new products as well so I'm not waiting forever to get more after the testing phase. I do the same with powder. Years ago, you would buy a pound to test, then go get either more one pounders or an eight pound keg. Now, all I buy is 8 pounders when they're available because lord knows how long it will be before you can find more. I haven't seen 8 pounds of H1000 for well over 3 years. There was a small supply of one pounders a year and a half ago. Fortunately I have friends in the retail business that set aside 5 pounds for me. I buy 8 pound jugs of powder of types that I'm not currently using if I even think I might be using it in the barrel or rifle in next few years. Bullets too. I've got about 3000 7mm bullets (500 each of various types) and the only 7mm barrel I own is a blank on my bench. But in the next year or so, I'll have it fitted. Regardless of the component availability situation, I'm good to go.

• Like 3

Living where I do, I'm doomed to pay high shipping prices. Midway really pisses me off though. They package bullets in a USPS flat rate box, charge the flat rate shipping plus 10$ for the luxury of living in AK. I called them on it recently and they said the extra is because final delivery is by UPS which is BS because the USPS always drops it off.

I'm about done with midway. I understand I need to pay shipping but they're flat out crooked about it with it costing the same to them to ship it 2 miles or 3000 miles.

I have no qualms about buying large quantities to try. If none of my setups handle them well, the next barrel probably will. I can always sell them too. If Hilary gets elected, I can't enough bullets regardless of the type. When the TMKs were announced, I back ordered 500 each of the 155, 168 and 175. They all shoot lights out and they'll last me a little while. I hate having to buy 100, work up loads, realize that it's a sweet bullet only to not be able to find more to stock up on. I tend to buy large quantities of what I know I need when it becomes available and I tend to buy large quantities of new products as well so I'm not waiting forever to get more after the testing phase. I do the same with powder. Years ago, you would buy a pound to test, then go get either more one pounders or an eight pound keg. Now, all I buy is 8 pounders when they're available because lord knows how long it will be before you can find more. I haven't seen 8 pounds of H1000 for well over 3 years. There was a small supply of one pounders a year and a half ago. Fortunately I have friends in the retail business that set aside 5 pounds for me. I buy 8 pound jugs of powder of types that I'm not currently using if I even think I might be using it in the barrel or rifle in next few years. Bullets too. I've got about 3000 7mm bullets (500 each of various types) and the only 7mm barrel I own is a blank on my bench. But in the next year or so, I'll have it fitted. Regardless of the component availability situation, I'm good to go.

Man I thought I was the only one that did this. LMAO.

That is exactly what I do. Most of the time you can always sell these items fast if your gun don't like them.

I did that bought 1 lb of H4350 liked it then went to buy more and took me months when I found it I had to adjust. Could have been a 1 shot deal if I would have bought it all. Now thats all I do.

Clinton,

I have some .264- 143 grain ELDX on its way as of today from of all places Sportsmans warehouse while at the same time being on "backorder" from Midway (LOL-thats another story!). I guess I'll let you have a few. LOL

How did those .257 75 grain V-max shoot for you?

Jeff

Shot great. Thanks again. I will get some bullets coming soon enough. Thanks though.