Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

news release - chad smith - helicoter chasing antelope update

Lark , I doubt any outfitter out there is going to burn a bridge that may limit them access to ORO ranch ... heck I am betting that many outfitters that use the Ranch will be donating to his Defense fund under the table...

So it sounds as if they're condoning his actions? You really think they'd kick in $ for his defense? Not the fine upstanding outfitters who are so much better than weekend warriors. Still, You'd think that maybe one wouldn't be beholden to this guy. Oh well. If you have lotsa $ it's all ok. Lark

• Like 1

So it sounds as if they're condoning his actions? You really think they'd kick in $ for his defense? Not the fine upstanding outfitters who are so much better than weekend warriors. Still, You'd think that maybe one wouldn't be beholden to this guy. Oh well. If you have lotsa $ it's all ok. Lark

You just can't let that go, can you? Even after it was clarified that I was referring to wknd warriors who bend and break rules, it still gets under your skin, huh?. Clearly you misunderstood what I said and a real man would drop it after recognizing that. I've been around quite a few outfitters over the years. A few from this site, others who are not sponsors. I'll say it one more time- outfitters aren't commenting because opinions on social media are meaningless when it comes to this stuff. Chad's a tool, we're all happy he got caught. What business ever prospers from bashing another? I assure you that most don't condone this garbage. Just as most hunters wouldn't.

• Like 1

a real man would drop it after recognizing that.
Yet, here you are
  • Like 1

I'll always maintain that everyone has the right to be in the woods. The more the better. Even this mythical horde of law breakers you mention. As long as they have a tag, I don't care. Just because you say there is this big buncha folks out there breaking the law you think they automatically exist. I've spent as much time hunting as anyone. Been around a few bad guys. Dam few. I just wonder where they all are? Anybody else know where they hang out? This list you posted had what, a dozen or so names? Outta about 60000 license holders. Talk about under someone's skin. You must get tired packin' water for your bosses. Run along. I think one of em needs some coffee. Lark

• Like 1

Cjohnson.... Youre right..... Lark.... Your right...... heck everyone on this thread is right to some degree...

Nobody is gonna change anyone opinion on this site no matter what the topic is.

Outfitters will never say anything on either side of this cause it it a loose loose situation. Very few business owners take sides when it could negatively affect their business whichever side they are on no matter the line of business they are in..

They sentence was too light... And that's a shame....

I pack water for myself, lark. I don't need approval from some outfitter, podcast or IG hero. Where am I supposed to run to? You throw around your opinion, you're pretty adamant with getting an outfitter to respond, so when someone (outfitter or not) shares their opinion and it differs from yours, it's "run along"??

Trphyhntr, you're a funny man. Keep riding the coat-tails of guys who've actually done it. At least online you're a trophy hunter.

Other outfitters on that ranch? I thought Chad was the only one with that option. That's what I was told when I had a unit 10 tag, 4 years ago.

Forget outfitters, I'd like to hear from the Oro cowboy.

Guest wdenike

Way, way to much drama in this thread!

post-10217-0-22251700-1451494875.jpg

Yup they need to do what they do best.

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

Chris-excellent quote.

Trophy hunter- welcome to the club

Cj- after you've gone down every avenue of bad excuses there ain't a lot left to say. It's real apparant who's side you're on. Stay there.

I have quite a buncha friends who are outfitters and guides. The only ones I'll associate with are great folks and good sportsmen. Couple of em have giant numbers of clients every year. They also don't get involved with tag grabs, blocking roads, helicopter round ups, chute plane conspiracies, buying off state reps, cutting tires, etc, etc. they toe the line because they're sportsmen and if they do get stupid and get busted, they don't have a billionaire in the shadows to pay the bills. They are small businessmen who have figured out a way to make it in a real narrow, defined niche. They give their clients an excellent opportunity to be successful. They also don't have any $ coming for 6 months out of the year. And the other 6 months they are so busy it has to be a killer. Just the fact that this clown hired a helicopter from Texas for this deal should shoot a lotta flares up for intelligent people. Choppers cost thousands per day. They don't turn the key unless there are big $ involved. Who paid for that? And why? This clown is some rich guy, or guys, toady. Someone with lotsa $ is at the root of this. There is a real need for guides and outfitters. There is no need for the guys lurking in the shadows that think they have preference to wildlife because they have lotsa $. There dam sure ain't a need for guys that are willing to help em out for a few pieces o' silver. Lark