Kingzero

The cat that should not be.

I had the most interesting stand over the weekend. While hunting a new area we got turned around and ended up back at a spot we already called. It was getting late and we only had time for two more stands so we decided to call that spot again since it didn't produce anything earlier. As we drive in to hide the truck I see a bobcat duck into some thick brush. I tell my buddy to stop and back up, and he backs up running tree branches down the side of the truck......SCREEEEEEEECH. We exit the truck with me shaking my head trying not to smack him. We push into a small clearing with maybe 15 yards of visibility and I hang my call in a small tree. As I am getting ready to start the call, someone rolls up behind us in a diesel and parks. After a couple minutes of listening to them talk over the sound of that idling diesel they finally back out and head off. By now im figuring this is a waste of time but im already set up so I start the call. I have a sound that has worked well for cats so I start with that on a low volume. Not 2 minutes into calling and we hear gunshots in the field next to us. Geeezzzzzz.......what else can happen. I continue to call and bump the volume a little and then catch movement to my left. A bunch of quail pop out and fart around in a small opening. I watched them for a couple seconds and then look back to my right and see the cat sitting there looking into the tree with the call. I slowly swung my rifle his way and settled the crosshairs just as he looked at me. Bang......flop.

He weighed in at 19.7 lbs.

20151219_172249_zpssvsw9e8o.jpg

• Like 2

Nice cat! Still wanting to stick one with my bow!

Goes to show ye never know.

gorgeous cat, congratulations