Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Quail slam done

I just would like to thank jonesface and his Brittany for a God day of bird hunting. After a few months of trying to make a hunt happen we got to get her today and pulled two quail slamms bone he was in a better shooting position more then me most of the time so he got more birds then me but I got a slam and my first mearns both on my list to get done this year looking forward to next time post-5984-0-09171900-1451612792_thumb.jpg.

• Like 3

Your first Mearns was part of your first slam?? That is great. Congrats to both of you.

• Like 1

I am hooked on mearns now I shot all female quail I don't know what was up with that

• Like 1

post-2799-0-49693700-1451622148_thumb.jpg

I had a lot of fun! What a great way to end the 2015 year. I'm glad everything all worked out today.(The Weather, shooting, and great dog work for the most part ;) ) You couldn't ask for a better day. We will do it again. Thanks again for going with me.

post-2799-0-24436400-1451622195_thumb.jpg

post-2799-0-84945900-1451622236_thumb.jpg

post-2799-0-90060000-1451622265_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

OK we didn't shoot the dog she was sleeping well until game time then she was ready

• Like 2

OK we didn't shoot the dog she was sleeping well until game time then she was ready

Ha ha. No she's still alive but sore today. After that sleeping picture, she found Sherman and I a huge(25+) covey of Scalies. That was the covey we needed for Sherman to finish his slam

Thanks for the invite boys

You can come next time

I am hooked on mearns now I shot all female quail I don't know what was up with that

Sexist pig!

It was my gun
  • Like 1

Thanks for the invite boys

You can come next time

Sexist pig!
It was my gun

That's is just the way Remmys roll! No discrimination equal death opportunity guns

Don't feel bad, we're family and I didn't get invited.

Good work Josh, You said Ellie was sore but how bout you? Those hills can get rough. I spent all day in 22 and didn't see a single quail bird.

• Like 1

Don't feel bad, we're family and I didn't get invited.

Good work Josh, You said Ellie was sore but how bout you? Those hills can get rough. I spent all day in 22 and didn't see a single quail bird.

. Ha ha. No I wasn't that sore. Thursday I hit 21 times I have gone out this season so far. I plan on at least 7-8 more times before the season ends. The more I get out the easier it seems to be. Mearns country can be tough to hike in. I was once told "If you don't fall down you're not in Mearns country."

It seems like 22 isn't as good as I have seen it in the past for quail. West valley did better this year. Funny thing is we were driving around and Sherman spotted a herd of Javelina.post-2799-0-12574000-1451797170_thumb.jpeg. Only when you're not hunting them you seem to find them.