monstercoues

Mountain Lion Rug Border Colors?

I have decided to go with a rug instead of a lifesize mount for my Mt. Lion. Does anyone have any pics of their rugs they would like to share. I am trying to decide what colors to have on the outside border of the rug. Black and Tan or White and Tan? There aren't many pics online, well not that I can find anyways. If anyone has any pics to share or any advice to share, I would really appreciate it.

I have decided to go with a rug instead of a lifesize mount for my Mt. Lion. Does anyone have any pics of their rugs they would like to share. I am trying to decide what colors to have on the outside border of the rug. Black and Tan or White and Tan? There aren't many pics online, well not that I can find anyways. If anyone has any pics to share or any advice to share, I would really appreciate it.

I'll have to dig out the pics but mine is tan and brown.

black always looks good. believe it or not Ive seen red ones that look real cool kinda retro. I think brown would look good too.

i would say tan and brown.

post-505-1185337367.jpgare you sure you don't wanna a life size mount? sorry,my digital camera took a dump on me and i had to use my phone.

man i wish i would have gotten a life size! dont get me wrong my rug looks FANTASTIC on the wall, but a life size.. nothing compares! too bad on a college kids salary its impossible!

I would go with white with a 2nd layer of brown or tan. Most of the outter edge of a cat is white or very light in color....with the white or even tan first, it makes the cat itself appear larger. If you use a dark layer first it defines exactly where the edge of the fur is at. light then dark for sure.... mine is tan and brown. Good luck, JIM>

Thanks Everyone for your comments. I got my tooth back for AZGFD and my kitty is only 2yrs old, eventhough he field dressed 85lbs. I have some good friends with hounds and its just a matter of time before I get a chance at a bigger one. Plus I can't really afford a lifesize right now on my salary.

Thanks Everyone for your comments. I got my tooth back for AZGFD and my kitty is only 2yrs old, eventhough he field dressed 85lbs. I have some good friends with hounds and its just a matter of time before I get a chance at a bigger one. Plus I can't really afford a lifesize right now on my salary.

Hey monstercoues just out of curiosity when did you kill your lion? The reason I ask is because I got one a few months ago and still have not found out any info on my lion. Just wondering thanks Josh

I harvested him in Oct of 2006. I just got the tooth back about 2 weeks ago. Because of the cost of doing the tooth analysis for aging, they send a bunch at a time. If you don't get it soon, it will probably be awhile until you get it. The reason I know this is because I was growing impatient as well and called the AZGFD. This is what they told me.

Where did you get your Kitty? And How? What are you going to do with it?

Hey monstercoues just out of curiosity when did you kill your lion? The reason I ask is because I got one a few months ago and still have not found out any info on my lion. Just wondering thanks Josh