Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

Remington 700 Custom 6.5-06

I have a custom rifle built on a Remington 700 for sale. I am in the Tucson area.

Specs: Remington 700 action, old style Remington trigger tuned to 2.5 pounds (great trigger), 24" Brux # 3 barrel twisted 1:8. Stock is 13 1/2" LOP and is an old style MPI stock. Rifle was smithed by a smith in Idaho as told by previous owner. Action has been blueprinted. Weighs approximately 6 3/4 pounds as you see it in photos. Rifle balances well and shoulders great. I have not shot the rifle for groups at all but with the quality of the components, it should be a great shooter. Thraot and box is factory. Plenty of room to chase lands...

I sent the barreled action to Eddie Fosnaugh last year along with the stock to work his magic. He checked out the smith work and said it looked great. He did his world famous bedding job along with his world famous ceracote and stock painting. Ceracote is the graphite black. Stock is patriot brown with black speckles. Rifle after painting has a textured feel. Rifle is a looker and aesthetically is like new. A few minor scuffs on the stock and some very light finish specs on the end of barrel are the only imperfections I can find, neither can be captured in photos.

History: I bought the barreled action used. Previous owner said it had 80 rounds through it. I've shot it literally once for function and for feeding. Rifle was originally a neck turn rifle. After Eddie, I sent it to Karl Kampfeld for him to clean up the neck. After he cleaned it up, necking up .25-06 brass works perfecting.

I'll include with the rifle 90-100 140 grain Bergers, 40-50 120 TTSX, and about 25 ct. 130 Accubonds which will ship with rifle.

I'm keeping the dies as I may need them in the future. The brass I received with the rifle I'll try to locate and include that as well. Maybe 20-40 pieces of Winchester .25-06 necked up.

Rifle will need to be mailed to your FFL. Yada, yada, yada.

PM me for any questions or if I left something out.

$1,600 shipped and insured. We can discussed payment options. No paypal.

IMG_20160112_100727840_zpsrn4rvqgw.jpg

IMG_20160112_100629636%201_zpsueoavrob.j

IMG_20160112_100635715_zpsselfjolj.jpg

IMG_20160112_100616650_zpscalouzjg.jpg

IMG_20160112_100707015_zpsrxujmb2c.jpg

Figured a loony like you Lance may like it...grin...

No CC accepted though. I'll look at trades plus cash on either end for 12x50 binoculars; swaro, leica, or meopta only OR flyweight to lightweight rifles in 6.5 mm or 7mm only. Rifles need to be no more than 5.5 pounds bare.

• Like 1