Sign in to follow this  

ARIZONA ARCHERY DEER SEASON

The archery deer hunt is about to begin in Arizona. Hopefully most of you have your bucks scouted out because all the fun starts this Friday. What units will you all be hunting this year? Who's going to hold out for the archery kaibab hunt? If you happen to arrow one this year post it here so we all can see it. Good luck this archery season.

I am going to kaibab with my wife, so I will just be hunting turkeys here in 3b, and 1. It would have to be an absolute toad for me to shoot, because of the awsom whitetail tag that I drew.

I will be out bright and early opening day in 24B, hoping a coues presents himself. If not 12A kaibab here I come. Hunted Kaibab last year and let me tell you if you have not been there you are missing out on one of Arizonas best hunting opportunities. I did'nt take a mulie,or turkey(I missed a turkey)but had one of the most memorable hunts of my life so far. :D

Edited by Grey Hawk

Planned on hunting 20a for mulies. Had it all scouted and saw alot of deer then I talked to about 10 different guys who are planning on hunting not only that unit but the same area (within a mile or 2). Change of plans... heading to a little area I know about in 17a. If that doesn't work out I have a november deer hunt in unit 10. I'd much rather get one with a bow though!!!

Will be down south in 34A looking for some coues. Saw a few nice bucks the last 2 weekends. Hoping they are still around.

I will be spending 2 weeks in unit 45B to try my luck for a 100+ coues buck. I hear there are some trophy's in that unit.

I'LL BE OUT THERE BRIGHT AND EARLY FRIDAY MORNING. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THREE 90 CLASS BUCKS FOR THE LAST MONTH. THEY HAVE BEEN HITTING A TANK WHERE I HAVE A STAND ON. I ONLY HOPE THEY COME IN THIS WEEKEND. I'D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TAKE EITHER OF THE THREE

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF MY FELLOW ARCHERS OUT THERE

I am going to go to unit 7 for mule deer and turkey but because I landed the 24A any antlered deer tag in late October I would have to see a monster this weekend to let one fly but I've seen them out there so it will be fun.

Does anyone else notice that on Friday morning we all swear we wont let any arrows fly unless its a 3X3 or bigger, then come Sunday morning the first deer with an inch of antler gets it :D

Also just my opinion but I think deer/elk look even better in full velvet then when there hardened. I hope you all have great hunts. Matt

I've got trail camera pictures of some 70-80 inch bucks that I don't want to shoot w/ my bow since I drew a december whitetail hunt. This will be the true test of how much self control I have.

Well I didn't draw any tags this year, so I will be hunting hard with my bow for coues in whats left of 22. I've been seeing quite a few average coues, and a couple carp that would look nice with my tag on their antler.

I'll be up there for nine days. If unsucessful I will be hunting for gigantic mulies on the plateau during the second week of the hunt.

I hope everyone has a great hunt!! Be safe and good luck.

I will be hunting in unit 23. I have been seeing a very large coues, and if I see him He will be comming home with me. If I don't, I will hold out until the Rifle 23 December hunt I got drawn for. I would rather I got that buck with my bow because the record book isn't as difficult to get in. I have been following this buck for three years now and If you all want to know how big he is. Go and look at the photogallery, then archery henters, then to page 3. That buck had a 20 inch spreed and was a great buck. My friend Nick shot it at my spot and the buck I have been following was standing next to Nicks buck. Nick was so surpprise at the size he shot whitout thinking. He ended up shooting the smaller of the two bucks and we have been after the other one ever since. Maybe this will be my Year. Good luck to everyone.