Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

VORTEX Razor HD AMG Made in America

Ive been getting the updates from Shot Show and this one was interesting. Vortex Razor HD AMG, made entirely in USA. The one they released is the 6-24x50. They look great. Pricey, but great. List is 3399.00, which puts them in the same range as Schmidt Bender and Hensoldt and USO. Im not looking at buying one, but it is interesting to see them throw their hat in the ring.

Im going to Shot on Thurs and Fri. I cant wait to check them out.

Let the bashing of Vortex begin.

Wonder why they went back to a 4X mag range? A 6X mag range, which they are using on their Razor Gen II series would have been a lot better usage of their technology. something like a 4-24, or 4.5-27. Even a 3-18 or 5-30. Even a 5X 5-25 would be more well received in my opinion. And 50mm objective down from 56mm?

List of $3400 means shelf price of $3K, meaning direct competition with the Kahles K624i. I sure hope it weighs less than 3#. The Razor Gen II are pigs @ 48oz.

• Like 1

The more I read on these, and look at it, the more I am liking it.

100% made in the USA of 100% USA parts, by a US owned company is a huge plus. And the reticle design is by far the best that I have seen from Vortex. I am looking forward to actual reviews from hands on usage by the pros.

I'm not a pro, but I did fondle it for about 20 min. The reps said the first batch is already sold. It was really nice. I'm wishing it was being made in 4x16.