Smith2260

2016 Youth pigs (First crossbow kill!)

My Dad, my wife and I took our 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter pig hunting this weekend. We picked up pigs early and left my Dad and wife to spot for us. We got in close to them and my son shot his with my Dad's crossbow at about 3 steps and it ran off. The pigs ran all around us, then my daughter rolled hers with her 243 at about 10 yards! We videoed for a few minutes and let my sons pig die and then tracked it into a pig tunnel in the brush. Then I came face to face with a pig popping his teeth at me! He ran a few yards up a bank and my son made another good shot and the old boar still ran and then dove off of a little cliff into a hole! My daughter and I laughed as we watched my son try to fish his pig out of this hole in the rocks.

We had a long pack out and then enjoyed the rest of our weekend as a family staying warm by the fire and glassing pigs. This was my sons 5th pig and his first crossbow kill! It was my daughters second pig and her closest pig encounter at about 5 feet! Thanks again Game and Fish for another fun youth season!!post-6097-0-99368200-1453864046_thumb.jpegpost-6097-0-55697100-1453864098_thumb.jpegpost-6097-0-09285000-1453864279_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Sounds like you had a great time congrats to the entire family on the group effort and to the kids on there success