Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

My first custom

Very nice looking. I will be looking for another custom knife sometime in the near future for the wife as well as my oldest son. I am really tempted to go with the same guy just because of the service and amount of details that he covers.

Same basic stuff any knife is used for. But its a better quality, longer lasting knife with better quality control and craftsmanship then the manufactured knives of similar costs. At least that's my opinion. A knife is just a tool.but some people prefer a quality tool over harbor freight tools.

Thank you to all who commented. As soon as the sheath is built and I have it in my hands I will update with pics. Just the experience of picking everything out and helping design it was enough to make me want another. I can't wait. Muledeer is your buddy local?

he was local here for awhile. My hunting partner for a few years. Long story short he lost a lot of good in his life and moved back east to be near his family. He's not doing crazy stuff yet with but is using good steels and different woods and composites. He had a few good reviews from some YouTube survivalist stars.

Him and I came up with a really good but simple hunting knife. Another friend used one to skin his elk a few months ago and it went perfect. He made me a kitchen knife that I'll get in a week or two. And we designed a knife for a rancher friend of mine to casterate calves. It should be surgical!