Thought I'd share these pictures my dad took of a hungry rattlesnake that was next to my parent's front porch.

100_0740.jpg

100_0742.jpg

100_0741.jpg

That's way cool!

Hey Crotalus....I know you'll check this thread out.....what kind of rattler is that? I would guess it's a young AZ Black Rattler but I'm probably wrong....seen quite a few of those in the high country though! Thanks for postin'! JIM>

That is an Az Black. It might not be that young. All though most of the young look like this color phase when small and then get progressively darker with age, some, especially females IMO, stay this lighter gray and black. This is my favorite rattler behind c. mollossus (Black Tail with green and yellow body).

Thanks for the picture.

That is somethin else. Those things will try and eat anything.

That is an Az Black. It might not be that young. All though most of the young look like this color phase when small and then get progressively darker with age, some, especially females IMO, stay this lighter gray and black. This is my favorite rattler behind c. mollossus (Black Tail with green and yellow body).

Thanks for the picture.

Thanks BM, I thought it was and now I can say I've called them by the proper name........unless I was already screaming and calling em' other names first :lol: :P

i wonder if that was Alvin, simon or Theadore :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great photo's, He sure was hungry! jimmya

Doh!!! :blink: Why can't I ever get such cool pics... some guys have all the luck ;) ! Can't add anything to what BigMogui posted he pegged it including the favorite(s). BTW, as Casey asked did it get it down?

Ernest

BTW, as Casey asked did it get it down?

Seeing how it was just off the front porch and last year my dad found one on the front porch, I don't think this snake ever got the chance to finish the meal...

"don't think this snake ever got the chance to finish the meal..." :blink: Double Doh!!!! Well it was sure nice well it lasted. To bad ya had to do the shovel hiemlich manuver on it. I totally understand though, safety first if you can't relocate the snake. Even if you do relocate the snake its chances of survival are very slim after moving it, but please don't misunderstand me I'm not advocating wholesale slaughter. I'm just not one to put venomous critters above personal safety. Strange critters them venomous reps. Again, thanx for sharing.

E