Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

Colorado vacation

Well, I just got back from a two week trip to Colorado took a few days getting up there and getting back. Thought I would share some pics. We stayed up near Gunnison up about 10,000 feet, it never got above 80. I got to do a little flyfishing and driving around in some friend's old 1948 and 1953 jeep willys and saw some awesome views. The area also had TONS of old mines and mining communities scattered around.

post-1770-1185667484_thumb.jpg

post-1770-1185667642_thumb.jpg

Thought you all might like this. There is a store in Gunnison, which some of you may have herd of, I guess it has the most mounts and antlers then anywhere in colorado. Most of it was for sale exept for a few pieces. He had one elk shed priced at $325, it had mre mass then I had ever seen. Elk pick-ups, even rag horns were $100 and up and good ones with nice color where $300+. heres a few pics.

post-1770-1185667925_thumb.jpg

post-1770-1185667987_thumb.jpg

Then on the way back my wife and her dad hiked the grand canyon, north rim to south rim, in one day. I got to drive the truck around and meet them on the other side. I had a look around on the Kibab a bit but I had never been up there so it was more of just driving the rounds. I did find someones lost cow elk, found half the arrow with the bones east of flag if anyones been looking :P .

Anyway we had a good time. hard to come back to the heat but at least we were welcomed back with som HEAVY rain here in Tucson.

Fantastic pictures- Colorado is a-w-e-s-o-m-e COUNTRY!

Nice Buffalo in that shop as well...

Rim to Rim- no easy feat. Bet they were feeling it on the uphill- Bright Angel Side... ;)

Thanks for sharin' the pics!

AzP&Y

Nice pics, looks like very nice country. I love old mines and mine communities. Neat old jeeps too!

Rim-to-Rim in one day is hardcore! No pics from your wife's hike? Or you don't let her take the camera! :)

Amanda

Colorado is beautiful. My inlaws moved to Crawford a few years ago and you can see the Gunnison range from there front porch in the distance. They have 40 acres and I think my mother-in-laws favorite new hobby is taking pics of deer and elk on her land just so she can send them to me and make me jealous. It must be working as I have tried to apply for several jobs in Colorado but no luck yet.

quote name='CouesWhitetail' date='Jul 28 2007, 07:19 PM' post='69786']

Nice pics, looks like very nice country. I love old mines and mine communities. Neat old jeeps too!

Rim-to-Rim in one day is hardcore! No pics from your wife's hike? Or you don't let her take the camera! :)

Amanda

:) Well, my wife has her own camera and I get after her for not taking enough pics. She did take a few down there. sorry for not posting some. I have a lot from that trip and I can't post them all here.

I forgot to mention... I forget the name of the little town just south of the grand canyon park but I saw a CWT.com sticker on a white, (all cover in mudd) chevy 1500. Who was it? It was park in the Grand Hotel parking lot June 25th. I pulled into the parking lot to get a pick of this guy. sorry its not that good of a pic. If you look close you can tell he was not in that good of shape. kind of skinny. There was another six by with him and a few rag horns.

post-1770-1185685096_thumb.jpg